For a research project together with industrial partners, Aalen University’s Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science – is looking for a
PhD Student/Research Scientist (m/f/d)
- Full time (39.5 h/week) –
In close cooperation with our industrial partners Bosch and Shell, at the chair in Components of Digital Technologies, we will develop a communication system which enables a hydrogen dispenser to quickly refuel a fuel-cell heavy-duty vehicle. For this, wireless communication (BLE, Wi-Fi or similar) shall be used in order to transmit sensor data securely and safely.
Your tasks will be
- Research on and development of communication protocols, as well as safety and security measures for the application – in close cooperation with our industrial partners
- Prepare, publish, present and discuss the results in scientific publications and at conferences
- Contribute to standardization of ISO
- Excellent scientific Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Or a Bachelor’s degree in the field combined with relevant work experience
- Excellent knowledge of and practical experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Wireless communication standards like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Low Energy et al
- Modern channel coding, even on inter-packet coding, like rateless coding, network coding
- Design and implementation of communication protocols
- Functional safety, especially black channel communication
- Model-based IT security engineering for embedded systems
- You show great initiative and a pronounced sense of responsibility, and you strive to do things properly and correctly the first time
- You have practical experience in
- Programming signal processing or communications algorithms, preferably in Python or Julia; or
- Programming of microcontrollers in C/C++
- You are fluent in both, German and English – written and orally
Wir bieten Ihnen:
At first, the position is limited to 12 months of duration and in principle eligible for job sharing.
If you fulfill the personal requirements and the requirements of collective bargaining law, the salary will be up to level 13 of the „Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst Länder (TV-L)“. Severely handicapped applicants will be preferred if they largely exhibit at least equal qualification. You can find further information regarding this at http://www.hs-aalen.de/sbv
Aalen University seeks to increase the share of employed women and explicitly asks qualified women to apply to this position. You can get further information from our equal opportunity officer, Ms Sabine Gold and at https://www.hs-aalen.de/de/pages/gleichstellung-chancengleichheit-diversity_chancengleichheit Please ask us!
If you would like to know more about the position, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr.-Ing. Stephan LUDWIG, (email@example.com
Are you interested?
We are excited to read your informative application by no later than 2021-08-22 via our online application system.